The St. Jacobs Market District is home to Canada’s largest year-round farmers’ market and has been a community staple for over 50 years. In the peak season, the Market is open to the public 3 days a week and supports over 300 farmers, artisans and merchants. The District also includes a 20,000 sq foot antique mall and the region’s only outlet mall. We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our passionate Property Management team!
This person will join the Property Maintenance team that oversees the operation and upkeep of the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market and various properties included in the Market District.
Maintenance Technicians work both autonomously and as part of a team to perform general preventive maintenance and corrective repair on buildings, building systems and grounds.
Aspects of the role will utilize trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, while others jobs will be routine property maintenance tasks like landscaping, snow blowing and emptying garbage.
Those interested in applying are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume. Wage rate: $18-24 per hour based on experience.
The Maintenance Technician:
- Performs assigned day-to-day repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Assists with troubleshooting and basic repairs to building systems including; drains and plumbing lines, kitchen equipment including ventilation and grease traps, HVAC and security systems. Work alongside third-party service contractors for any extensive repairs.
- Ensures buildings and grounds are maintained, safe and secure performing tasks such as sweeping, lawn maintenance, leaf collection and snow removal.
- Prepares facilities and grounds for market days. Assist in the end of day procedures to ensure grounds are left clean and buildings properly armed at the end of each Market day.
- Conducts safety inspections and booth audits to ensure compliance to applicable safety codes and the Market’s internal property standards.
To be successful as our new Maintenance Technician, you will have:
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Previous maintenance or equivalent experience is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven knowledge and understanding of equipment repair.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Proven communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as a co-operative team member.
- Strong safety and continuous improvement mindset
- Experience operating a vehicle, tractor and forklift.
How St. Jacobs Market District supports our Team Members:
- Steady shifts
- Company-matched RRSP contributions
- Free & confidential access to our Employee Family Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
The St. Jacobs Market District is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with the hiring leader.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION HERE