Agilus Work SolutionsÂ is looking for a qualified and passionateÂ Structural EngineerÂ to work for our client in Kitchener, ON!Â
Accountabilities/Duties/Responsibilities of the Structural Engineer:
- Structural design and evaluation of building components, including wood, concrete, steel, and masonry
- Ensure construction plans and specifications meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations. Familiarity with Part 9 of the Ontario Building Code is an asset.
- Site investigation and evaluation of existing building structures and write field reports.
- Review shop drawings
- Preparation of drawings or drafting in AutoCAD as required
- Work within the project team environment from preliminary stages of the design through to completion
- Coordination and communicate with other engineers, architects, contractors, designers and homeowners
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited University
- Registered P.Eng with the Professional Engineers of Ontario
- 3 - 6 years of experience in structural engineering within Canada; experience in building design will be considered an asset
- Experience with the Ontario Building Code and engineering design codes
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Effective leader and mentor to junior staff
- Fast learner and willingness to learn
- Ability to work both independently with minimal direction and in teams
- Access to reliable transportation for travel
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and AutoCAD suit
- Full-time permanent position
- Fun schedule; Monday to Thursday 8am to 5:30pm, Fridays 8am to 3pmÂ
- Competitive salaryÂ
- Annual Performance BonusÂ
- Group Health Benefits
- RRSP Matching Program
- Career development opportunitiesÂ
- Regular social and team-building eventsÂ
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Allen Wang atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org or callÂ (905) 287-2183.
Make sure you have at least 2 professional references we can call upon.Â
We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Agilus, formerly: Design Group Staffing, Inteqna, Talentcor, LucasWorks!, Lucas Professional Search Group and Braun Valley Associates.Â
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. AlternateÂ format available upon request.
Posting ID: 109944