Associate Executive Director
BGC London is a vibrant non-profit organization focused on supporting children, youth, and families in London, Ontario. Its mission is to provide vital programs and services fostering the development and success of the community members it serves. With diverse activities, including education, recreation, and life skills, BGC London emphasizes holistic development. Additionally, the organization extends its support to seniors, offering programs that engage and enrich their lives, reflecting a commitment to the well-being of all community members. Governed by both the Boys & Girls Club of London and the Boys & Girls Club of London Foundation, BGC London is committed to creating a supportive, nurturing environment, enabling people of all ages, including seniors, to reach their full potential.
Prime Management Group Inc. is pleased to be partnering with BGC London in search of a highly qualified, credible, and value-driven Associate Executive Director to join their dynamic team in London, Ontario. In this critical position, the successful candidate will lead and manage the operations of the organization and provide effective oversight of a diverse range of programs and services, including those focused on children, youth, seniors, transit programs, and affordable family services.
Reporting to the CEO, the results-oriented Associate Executive Director will ensure a safe, compliant, and positive work environment for all employees and volunteers while managing company resources, including budgeting, management of capital assets and investments, and financial planning for the organization in consideration of the community. This enriching role also involves overseeing the development, implementation, and evaluation of services tailored to the community's needs while conducting marketing and public relations to elevate the Club's profile. Moreover, this position offers a dynamic opportunity for skill enhancement in a fast-paced environment, with the potential for future leadership growth into the CEO role in line with BGC London’s succession planning, marking it as a pathway to significant advancement within the organization.
With assistance from the CEO, the empathetic and trusted Associate Executive Director will operationalize BGC London's visionary strategic plan as set out by the Board of Directors, focusing on delivering exceptional community programming and outreach. Emphasizing the mission and values of BGC London and BGC Canada, the role also includes policy implementation, guiding management decisions, and ensuring program efficacy.
The forward-thinking and inspirational Associate Executive Director will align deeply with BGC London's strategic objectives and a solid commitment to upholding the organization's ethics and values. This dedicated professional will champion innovative fund development, playing a key role in fundraising activities, grant writing, and managing special events. With proven experience in policy enforcement and fostering integrity-based relationships, this highly organized leader will adapt to community needs, reinforcing BGC London's commitment to excellence and ethical virtue.
To excel in this role, the proactive and engaged Associate Executive Director should:
- Possess a post-secondary degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences, or a related field.
- Have 5-7 years of progressive management, leadership and operations experience in an organization focusing on youth development, coupled with strong strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability in leading teams to high levels of performance, including setting employee performance objectives, recruiting, developing, and retaining all team members, and using effective conflict resolution skills.
- Exhibit strong skills in budget preparation and financial management, coupled with experience in nonprofit organization operations.
- Proven leadership and motivational skills with extensive experience in community relations and communications.
- Demonstrate strategic and holistic thinking abilities with a solid understanding of program development, implementation, and evaluation tailored to meet community needs.
- Experience managing the building, facilities, and capital management of an organization.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors.
- Participation in BGC Ontario and Canada preferred or other professional certification in human services.
- In addition, the demonstrated leader will have strong communication skills and an ability to work with diverse age groups. Must present an acceptable background/police Vulnerable Sector check.
Working in partnership with BGC London, Prime Management Group Inc. will accept all resumes and cover letters from interested candidates in confidence.
Requests for additional information about the role and/or confidential suggestions or nominations may also be submitted. Please contact Michelle Rawson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519 672-7710 to discuss in confidence.
Prime Management Group Inc. is an Executive Search & Recruitment + HR Consulting firm serving Southwestern Ontario and beyond. Our search process ensures unwavering confidentiality while respectfully adhering to the Human Rights Act to uphold an unbiased and successful process for our candidates. We are committed to equity, value, and diversity and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.