ABOUT THIS POSITION
Do you notice the little details in visual media and point them out to anyone who didn’t? Do VFX breakdowns consistently show up in your YouTube recommendations? If so, Digital Extremes wants to hear from you! We’re looking for a detail-oriented and agile Motion Graphics Specialist to join our team of talented artists that excels at producing creative assets of all kinds. Whether it’s an over-the-top goofy social media clip, animating update key art, or supporting a gameplay trailer with unique title design, there’s always something new to experiment with! In this collaborative role, the ideal candidate will work alongside our video creation and editorial teams to elevate our content and produce assets that promote all of our ongoing and upcoming projects.
Please note that a demo reel and/or portfolio link demonstrating proficiency in motion graphics is required.
- Collaborate with our in-house Video and Editorial teamsto create supporting motion graphics elements from script to screen in all of our internally produced video assets, including: text and end cards, branded overlays, stylized transitions, corporate promotional materials, event branding and more.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions across multiple disciplines to maintain stylistic and narrative consistency in assets created.
- Draw upon your attention to detail while creating motion materials to incorporate elements that viewers might not immediately recognize upon first watch, but ultimately adds to the visual polish of the completed asset.
- Respond quickly to challenges and feedback, while working efficiently to meet creative deadlines and maintaining an eye on quality results
- Actively participate in the revision process including accepting feedback from and providing feedback to your peers.
- Multitask effectively and actively work on multiple campaigns in tandem, while keeping track of their deliverables and deadlines.
- Ability to repurpose (and bring to life with motion design) existing static pieces (such as update Key Art) for promotional advertising.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
- 1-3+ years of experience creating Motion Graphics and Static Image designs, with a portfolio that demonstrates excellent motion design and layout techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop, with additional competency in the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- An eye for typography, layout, composition, contrast and colour, and the animation thereof to drive compelling logo, end card, and title sequences.
- Previous compositing experience (After Effects, Nuke, Mocha, or equivalent).
- High levels of creativity with a demonstrated ability to generate innovative designs.
- Knowledge of advanced plug-ins to expedite the creation of motion graphics assets. (RedGiant, aeScripts, etc) while maintaining a consistent level of quality.
- Goal-oriented and competitive, with excellent follow-through on commitments.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new techniques and best practices.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games.
- Experience achieving strategic objectives/creative strategy within video assets.
- Competency in video editing techniques and software (Ex: Adobe Premiere).
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/167