FACILITY SERVICES - SUMMER STUDENT POSITIONS
Ten (10) students are required to work in Facility Services, Maintenance Department. The successful candidates will report to the Manager, Facility Services. Students may be asked to complete general maintenance (indoor/outdoor) tasks that support the Thames Valley District School Board. Tasks include grounds work, grass trimming, ground clean up, tree trimming, assisting fulltime general maintenance staff with their work. Students will require safety footwear and must be able to provide examples of experience in mechanical/maintenance aptitude. Students must also have access to transportation and lifting will also be required.
Candidates must be 16 years of age or older, currently attending school full time and must be
returning to school full time in 2022 September. Submit a copy of your current school timetable
with your electronic application (transcripts will not be accepted in lieu of a timetable).
: Experience in mechanical/maintenance aptitude
Dates of Employment: Post-Secondary:
2022 April 27 to 2022 August 26
2022 July 4 – 2022 August 26
Location: Various TVDSB locations
Hours of Work
: Monday-Friday: 0700 -1530 with a ½ hour unpaid lunch
Rate of Pay
: $14.25 per hour plus 4 % vacation pay (over 18 years of age)
Expiry Date: 2022 January 16
PLEASE NOTE ALL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
1 A SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER; and
2. IF 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK FOR WORKING WITH VULNERABLE PERSONS.
3. POST OFFER PRE-PLACEMENT MEDICAL SCREENING TESTS
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
Conditions of Employment with Thames Valley District School Board, due to COVID-19 requirements:
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all staff as directed by the Ministry. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) based on your role within TVDSB. This may include wearing a medical mask, eye protection and any other protective equipment as directed. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety Protocols and Training as required and directed
Organizational Support Services - Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.