||Jan 13, 2022
Part-time and Sessional Personal Counsellor (2 Positions) (CSL 40326)
Counselling and Accessibility Services
Location: London, Ontario
Employment Group: Faculty
Hours: Part-time – Up to 21 hours per week. Sessional – Up to 35 hours per week
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
In support of a healthy campus to learn, live and work, Fanshawe College moved the majority of our Academic, Support and Administrative operations online to curb the spread of COVID-19. Today, the majority of these services continue to be delivered remotely, however as public health guidelines allow for more in-person services, Fanshawe College has begun welcoming our community back for on-campus activities.
As an employee of Fanshawe College you may be required to work on-campus, remotely, or a combination thereof. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hire, and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position.
Fanshawe College strongly believes the key to maintaining a healthy campus and community, and to protect each other, is to adhere to all public health guidelines, including vaccination.
As of November 5, 2021, Fanshawe College requires all students, staff, and visitors to all campuses to be fully vaccinated in order to attend the campus in-person.
For those individuals that medically cannot be vaccinated, please advise us when contacted for an interview and arrangements can be made to participate virtually.
Note: There is one Part-time and one Sessional Faculty position available.
Part-time – Ends April 29, 2022. Up to 21 hours per week – 3 days per week.
Sessional – Ends August 31, 2022. Up to 35 hours per week – 5 days per week.
Duties: Reporting to the Manager, Personal Counselling, the incumbent is responsible for providing personal counselling to students with a focus on mental health and addictions issues, and developing psychoeducational group programming and materials.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME VIA EMAIL WITH YOUR POSITION PREFERENCE (quoting Competition No. CSL 40326) TO:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counselling Psychology or a related discipline required including a supervised clinical internship
- Minimum 3 years’ recent, relevant experience
- Professional registration required to practice psychotherapy in the province of Ontario with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers (OCSWSSW) or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience assisting students with mental health and addictions issues including knowledge of harm reduction models, education and prevention strategies, and providing group counselling to individuals struggling with drug addiction, alcohol addiction, gambling addiction and/or eating disorders
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills required
- Strong commitment and demonstrated ability to working collaboratively as part of a team, and in accordance with all legal and ethical requirements
Manager, Personal Counselling
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.