Join Canada’s leading customer data company!
Our data solutions have been proven in the hands of leading brands like Loblaw, Government of Ontario, Proctor & Gamble, Canada Life, Sirius XM, and many others. They tell us we’re making a real contribution to their success and that we’re onto something big! We’ve also grown revenues, maintained profitability, and remained debt free; even during the Covid-19 pandemic. But our growth has just begun.
Our mission now is to scale the business and serve the thousands more organizations that need better customer data solutions.
**This is a fractional remote marketing leadership opportunity that we expect to require approximately 20 hours per work.**
You’ll help us create and execute a green-field omni-channel marketing strategy that turbo-charges our growth and gets us squarely in front of key decision makers across the various industries we target.
You’ll have full-stack marketing responsibilities and the latitude to implement the big things you know will work. Depending on your skills and interests, you can do some of the work yourself or use our freelancer pool or others you’ve worked with in the past. We want to help and support you, but at the same time we want to let you innovate and do what you know will work.
A Day in the Life of our Director of Marketing:
As a marketing expert, you’re no stranger to having lots of balls in the air and projects on the go. But your laser focus on producing a growing stream of leads and discovering lucrative market segments is what motivates you and keeps your energy high.
On your best days, you feel like an idea machine with an empathic connection to your target market. You know from experience exactly what to say and when, to move your target customer journey from curiosity to engagement to action.
Segment by segment, you analyze the audience, bridge their needs with Cleanlist solutions, and then develop campaigns and nurturing programs that yield results.
You know how to build out a marketing and communications team and align them around your goals and keep them firing on all cylinders. Lots is happening and lots is working just like you envisioned.
You spend your time in 3 strategic areas:
#1 – Planning, measuring and monitoring results and activity across varied channels.
#2 – Developing and improving various campaign initiatives.
#3 – Consulting with Sales and Product to help them build their businesses.
What we’ll provide for you:
We want to inspire you; and we want you to inspire us. It’s really that simple. Everything else inside the company and about this role will probably change as the company grows.
To get us started, we’re prepared to offer you a good salary, a good benefit package, and a great working environment. We need excellent talent and we’re prepared to pay for it. But we know you can get that from a lot of companies.
What we can offer you that’s rare is the chance to join a dynamic winning team, to work directly with the company founder and senior staff, to learn a ton of cool stuff, and to really make a difference in the company, for our clients, and your career. We’re not locked into old, lethargic ways of doing things. Instead, we want you to bring us the best approaches, the best technology, and the best thinking to build something new and fresh that we can all be proud of. We spend too much time working to just earn a salary. As part of the Cleanlist team, we want this role to turn into an adventure that you’ll look back on as one of the most rewarding experiences of your career.
More details about the role:
Here are some of the current objectives for the Director of Marketing role:
- SEO Optimize the website to rank high for the solutions Cleanlist delivers.
- Segment, profile and help to prioritize the various target markets we serve.
- Create solution content to fuel social media, our website, other digital channels.
- Develop journey maps and sales collateral to support the sales team throughout the sales funnel.
- Define market-by-market strategies and tactics that align with our sales focus and ensure our newly build sales team has every opportunity to succeed.
To be successful, you’ll require these skills and experiences:
- Hands on experience building and leading a marketing team, preferably using freelancers and other independent resources. Ideally you have first hand scale-up experience with a B2B tech company.
- An impressive track record in B2B marketing, preferably with experience promoting technology based solutions to varied market segments.
- Tons of campaign development and execution experience – especially in direct marketing.
- Excellent analytical skills with experience using technology-based tools and processes to oversee activity and measure results.
- Excellent leadership skills.
To thrive in our company culture, here are some other attributes we value:
- You want to make a difference. You want to be challenged. You want to be free to innovate, exercise your talent, and learn.
- You like to work in a small but fast-growing environment, where your contribution matters and you can grow and be rewarded as the company succeeds.
- You love working with the latest software and technology, thrive on change, and are excited about the future.
- You love to learn, grow, solve difficult problems, and help customers and the company succeed.
If Cleanlist and this role sounds like it’s your calling, we want to hear from you soon! Although resumes are great, we really like to hear from applicants willing to invest a little time and tell us in your cover letter why this role interests you and why you’re the best candidate to fill it. It’s also helpful to share your salary expectations and availability to start.
Note: We appreciate all applicants’ interest but are only able to contact those candidates who will be invited to the interview process. All applications will be held in confidence. Cleanlist.ca is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We’re also committed to accommodating persons with disabilities.
Make sure to follow our career page for future career opportunities!