ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993, Digital Extremes has become an employer of choice for talented people seeking rewarding career opportunities in the gaming industry. We are widely recognized for creating the award-winning Warframe, a free-to-play, third-person coop, PVP action shooter, space ninja adventure game available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. Our early titles include Epic Pinball, Solar Winds: The Escape, Unreal and Unreal Tournament co-created series (and all its iterations) as well as The Darkness II. With over 300 of the industry’s widely talented and culturally diverse employees in both Canada and the US, we are warriors combining our expertise to deliver superior fast-paced gameplay and intense melee combat all with a great deal of passion.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a UI Programmer to join our team. In this role, you will be developing and implementing the logic and flow for all in-game UI. You will need to collaborate with design, art and other programmers to understand the UI requirement for a given feature. You will need to be an expert in C++ and have experience with Flash and Action Script. You will also have strong communication skills and a strong interest in UI technologies and implementation. Experience with Lua would be an asset.
- Develop and implement the logic and flow for all in-game UI
- Collaborate with design, art and other programmers to understand the UI requirements for a given feature
- Work directly with artists and other programmers to implement efficient and maintainable, modular and reusable UI systems
- Develop and maintain UI systems and best development practices
- Work with UI artists to develop UI elements
- Create custom tools and scripts as necessary to facilitate UI development
- Ensure the technical quality and function of the UI through tuning and bug fixing
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent game development experience
- 2+ years of game development experience, with at least 1 shipped product
- Strong interest in UI technologies and implementation, especially usability and the presentation of information
- Expertise in C++
- Experience with Flash and Action Script
- Strong communication skills (in both written and verbal capacities), work ethic and motivation
- Passion for making and playing great games
- Willing to relocate to Canada
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://www.digitalextremes.com/careers/postings/programming/ui-programmer