DIE CASTING PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Permanent)
Our client is a global manufacturing leader who has a diversified client base across the construction, agricultural, transportation and the marine industries, not the automotive sector. They are currently searching for a DIE CASTING PROCESS TECHNICIAN to join their team at their facility located approximately 30 minutes from London. The successful individual will be responsible for Die Cast machine set up, daily process control verification, process development, troubleshooting and continuous improvement functions.
Perks & Benefits:
Die Cast Machine Setup
- Very secure global company, similar to the automotive company but without as many ups and downs.
- Competitive wage that is reviewed annually.
- Comprehensive health benefits plan which includes dental, health care, prescriptions, vision and all PPE are supplied.
- Company supported pension through RRSP contributions.
- Voluntary over-time – not mandatory!
Daily process control verification and other daily duties
- Saving, downloading, and uploading DCM, robot, and casting cell peripheral programs during die changes.
- Assisting with the correct installation of die spray manifolds verifying positions and operation.
- Ensuring vacuum valves are fitted to die pockets properly.
- Ensuring that the die thermal controllers are connected to the proper zones of the cast tool.
- Validating die cast process settings.
Die Casting process development and continuous improvement
- Monitoring and documenting process consumables and usages.
- Monitoring and documenting critical die cast machine settings.
- Verification of die temperature controller operation and settings.
- Verification of vacuum operation and settings.
- Monitoring plunger lube systems and operation.
- Verifying shot end tooling condition.
- Troubleshooting casting defects investigating for root cause and correction.
- Completing detailed verbal and written process turnovers to following shifts.
- Maintaining equipment peripherals such as spray manifolds and robot EOATs.
- Establishing and creating required process control documents and data matrixes.
- Becoming familiar with PQ² principals and other die casting calculations to optimize injection curves, tooling designs, and process settings.
- Analyzing flow simulations.
- Researching new die casting technologies and develop implementation strategies.
- Continuously investigating ways to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Assisting in the training and development of die setter personnel.
- Assisting production and maintenance personnel when troubleshooting issues.
- Communicating on work status and providing reports as requested.
- Working with the quality department and providing input for FMEAs, control plans, PPAPs, SPC, etc.
- Previous Die Cast machine experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in process flow and optimization.
- Understanding of PQ2 and injection parameter calculations.
- Ability to make sustainable process adjustments to correct quality issues.
- Strong understanding of cast and trim tool assemblies and construction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Committed to working three rotating shifts.
- Access to reliable transportation as this company is located 30 minutes from London.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We look forward to partnering with you and will review your resume immediately. Your resume and contact information are never shared until we have spoken to you and have your permission.
Calibre Recruitment is a full-service firm that provides permanent, contract and project-based recruitment solutions. Whether it’s entry-level or management, we have expertise filling all administrative, customer service, accounting, engineering, IT, manufacturing, marketing, sales and skilled trades positions.
We are passionate about finding the right fit for you and your next employer. Regardless of your position, industry or specialization, Calibre Recruitment has the business contacts. We have one of the best, brightest and most connected recruitment teams in the industry and we are here to help move you along in your career.