The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,000 employees working together to educate approximately 24,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and the Centre for Lifelong Learning within Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
The London District Catholic School Board is currently accepting applications for:
ST. JOSEPHINE BAKHITA CATHOLIC SECONDARY VIRTUAL SCHOOL, LONDON
Permanent part-time-time 0.5 FTE – Ten-month (10) position
(5200 Wellington Rd. South, London, ON N6E 3X8)
The Chaplaincy Leader at St. Josephine Bakhita Catholic Secondary Virtual School along with the chaplaincy team is committed to the development and nurturing of a Catholic atmosphere and the facilitation of opportunities for staff and students to live their faith, thereby developing opportunities for ministry to the school community and outward to the larger community.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor of Arts with an emphasis in Religious studies in the Catholic Faith
- Training in Pastoral Care
- Canadian Certificate in Youth Ministry Studies (preferred)
- A practising Catholic with knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Experience working with youth and adults, preferably in a diocesan, parish or school ministry
- Experience coordinating masses and liturgical services in a Catholic context
- Ability to collaboratively convene, manage, motivate, instruct and direct groups
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, and organization skills
- Excellent human relations skills and sensitivity to the confidential nature of the position
- Promote Catholic Social Teaching and encourage acts of justice in the school community
- Work collaboratively with professional caregivers, referring those in need of professional care
- Work in collaboration with the pastoral team of the local parishes
- Work in collaboration with the School Administration and school-based Chaplaincy Team
$24.16 to $26.38 (Commensurate with experience)
Applications must include
a cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualifications, a reference letter from your parish priest and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor.
Current conditions of employment with the London District Catholic School Board:
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere that fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the requirement of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety protocols and training as required and directed.