The Children's Aid Society of London & Middlesex has an upcoming vacancy for an approximate 12-month contract position of Human Resources Consultant.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Human Resources, the Human Resources Consultant develops and carries out Human Resources practices and objectives promoting an employee oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, and standards. The position requires a high level of customer service provision to all stakeholders including internal staff, external collaterals, and community partners. The Human Resources Consultant coordinates the implementation of services, policies and programs and assists and advises the management team concerning Human Resources best practices.
Responsibilities of the position will focus on providing administrative services in a number of HR functional areas including: staffing (recruitment, screening, on-boarding and retention), health and safety, administration of the Collective Agreement (including daily labour relations and availability as a resource person to unionized and management staff alike), management of all aspects of internal job postings/competitions and ensuring compliance with all applicable employment legislation.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a university degree with a focus in Human Resources or post-graduate studies at a community college level in Human Resources Management. The candidate must have experience in managing a wide variety of human resource functions, CHRP designation preferred and have a demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, HRIS, Avanti). Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Minimum of 3 years human resources experience preferred
- Experience in a unionized environment preferred
- Proven knowledge and skills in the delivery of Human Resource services
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to perform during periods of multiple demands
- Ability to understand and manage with complex situations
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and balance competing demands
- Superior customer service skills with a focus on empowerment, respect and collaboration
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across the agency
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong bias for action, ability to work independently and strong critical thinking and negotiating skills
AREAS OF FOCUS
Ethics, Values and Integrity
- Understand and act in a manner consistent with the Human Resource Professionals Association
- Practice in a manner consistent with CASLM values and philosophy
- Adherence to service model expectations and commitments
Knowledge and Skill: Generic
- Administer and/or provide People Services in any of the Human Resource areas:
- Payroll and Benefits (including OMERS)
- Human Resource Information System (Avanti)
- Job Analysis
- Performance Review
- Attendance Management
- Health and Safety
- Labour Relations and Negotiations
- Recruitment and Retention
- Compile information and maintain records ensuring that all required documentation, necessary to meet standards, is available
- Identify and report trends and potential system limitations
- Identify and report potential solutions and action plans
- Negotiate and support effective conflict resolution seeking a win-win result
- Conduct all action and activities in accordance with the policies and practices of the CASLM and all legal and employment standards requirements
- Participate in relevant work groups and committees (i.e. Quality Improvement Projects, CASLM committees, community and provincial groups)
- Maintain, implement and update human resource policies and procedures as needed
- Provide information and general advice to all employees regarding Human Resource policies and procedures and services
- Prepare and reconcile mandatory reports
- Maintain confidentiality and display respect for employee privacy at all times
- Maintain current knowledge of legislative changes specific to employment and employment standards
Health and Safety: Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Orient new employees to the Health and Safety policies and practices
- Maintain Health and Safety records
- Develop, update and execute Health and Safety policies and practices
- Disseminate information about Health and Safety precautions and issues in the workplace. Assume a pro-active position focused on prevention
- Provide advice and guidance to management and employees about safety practices
- Respond to Health and Safety concerns efficiently and effectively with a focus on collaboration and inclusion
Team Collaboration & Engagement
- Establish effective working relationships with colleagues and community partners
- Relate in a professional, purposeful and transparent manner
- Collaboratively develop strategies to deliver, improve and evaluate services to employees
- Communicate and support key internal stakeholders, inclusive of problem solving and troubleshooting support
- Offer support and extend oneself to team members, colleagues across the CASLM and community partners
- Honor all the CASLM’s commitments to customers by providing helpful, courteous, accessible, responsive and knowledgeable service
- Adept at focusing individualized attention resulting in consistent, high-level customer satisfaction
- Fully available to the customer by being flexible with time and schedule in order to provide information and service
- Anticipate customer needs and quickly adapts solutions
- Help customers navigate systems with greater ease by explaining the services offered and the requirements to access services
Health and Safety
- Delivery of service is completed in a safe manner and exhibits good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ensure the Human Resources Supervisor is apprised of any health and safety issues in the performance of his/her duties in a timely fashion.
The Children's Aid Society of London and Middlesex invites applications from all qualified individuals. CASLM is committed to equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous person, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
- All other duties within the spirit, scope and purpose of the job at the management’s request
Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are a requirement for all staff. CAS Human Resources will require evidence of full vaccination prior to an employee’s start date. The requirement that successful applicants be fully vaccinated is subject to any accommodation obligations CAS may have under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We are committed to creating an accessible environment for all. Please let us know if you have any accommodation needs. We thank all applicants, however only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
This role will involve a hybrid working arrangement with a mix between remote and in-office work.
Salary: $61,507 - 78,501 (2022-2023) - Competitive benefits package available.
Qualified applicants should submit applications to:
https://www.caslondon.on.ca/get_to_know_us/careers to apply.