This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 21, 2023
||College Diploma (2 years)
Join the Y Children’s Educational Services - Administration Team!
Be the Spark! Join our passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed child care in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates 2 overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for over 50 years!
Position: CES Reporting Administrator
Location: Can be any part of our region in Southwestern Ontario
Start Date: October 16, 2023
Salary: $17.50-$20.00 per hour
As part of your total compensation:
In this role, you will:
- Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp programs
- 10 paid vacation days, and up to 12 paid personal days annually
- Benefits package and Pension applicable with position/contract length
- Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed
- Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
Education and Skills Qualifications:
- Assist the Manager, Children’s Educational Services, Administration with completing applications and reports for municipal funding
- Provide details to finance department for funding allotments and deposits
- Support with creating and updating class list checks and monthly attendance for registration
- Provide support to finance for audit reviews
- Process and link funding rebates (i.e. CWELCC)
- Work with the Manager, CES, Administration and Finance department on tracking and reconciling child-care specific funding and spending as directed
- Support registration department with tasks as needed
- Be committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a sense of belonging
- Embrace and exemplify the Y’s core values
- Minimum two years of experience as an administrator preferred
- Post-secondary education or experience in Business Data Administration preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with a registration system
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft’s Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher and Acrobat Pro
- Strong problem-solving skills and natural curiosity for learning new skills and finding solutions to complex issues with data and/or technology
- Self-directed with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work to deal with multiple demands and deadlines
- Well developed organization and time management skills
Why The Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families.
- Commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and supporting documents via email to: email@example.com . The job posting deadline closes at midnight on September 26, 2023.
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
- Include in your submission your specialized experience, and why you are the best candidate for this role. Please include the name of the position and location in your application.
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.