This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 12, 2023
Part-time Technologist - Media Loans Operations (COM 41116)
School of Contemporary Media
Faculty of Creative Industries
Employment Group: Support
Hours: Up to 24 hours a week.
Pay Details: $24.10 per hour
Closing Date: September 26, 2023
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a regular part-time Support position (up to 24 hours per week). Part-time Support Staff employees, as defined by the part-time Support Staff Collective Agreement, will be given first consideration.
Duties: Reporting to the Associate Dean, School of Contemporary Media, the Part-time Technologist – Media Loans Operations, will be responsible for ensuring the smooth day-to-day operation of the Media Loans department providing support to multiple media programs operating out of Fanshawe’s London Campus.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Media Loans office, including leading a team consisting of one part-time technician, one co-op student, and work study students
- Maintaining a comprehensive inventory of equipment in loans and elsewhere that may be booked out
- Inspecting returned equipment for missing or damaged parts, and following up as may be required with fines, suspensions, and repairs
- Track bookings and ensure equipment is available and correctly assigned for use by students in specific programs
- Provide professional, courteous customer service for students, faculty and staff borrowing equipment, and ensure the same standard of service is provided by the Media Loans Technician, co-op, and work study employees
- Providing technical support as needed for faculty and students utilizing a wide range of media production software and hardware
- Provide support to faculty by ensuring bookings for classes are prepped and ready ahead of pick-up time and this includes delivery of equipment to classrooms and assisting with set-up when requested or necessary
- Other duties as assigned
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Media Production, Media Technology or related area of study
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a media production, media equipment rental house, or related environment
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Familiarity with media production hardware, including cameras, lighting equipment, audio equipment, media players, servers, etc.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills