This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Nov 27, 2023
The Thames Valley District School Board (TVDSB) is the fourth largest school board in Ontario and a major employer in one of Canada’s fastest growing regions. Our inclusive and diverse board serves 83,000 students and employs nearly 12,000 staff across the City of London, Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford Counties, Chippewas of the Thames First Nation, Munsee-Delaware Nation and Oneida Nation of the Thames. We offer competitive benefits including a pension program and comprehensive mental health and well-being support. Best of all, every role at TVDSB directly supports the success of children and families in YOUR community. Join TVDSB to build each student's tomorrow, every day!
Abilities & Wellness Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Abilities & Wellness Coordinator
SALARY RANGE: $56,568 - $74,809
HIRING RANGE: $56,568 - $72,199
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2023 December 06
The Abilities & Wellness Coordinator supports ill or injured employees by managing, reporting, analyzing and administering all disability-related absences and associated benefits and pension provisions, while providing confidential case management for short-term absences and medical maternity leaves in compliance with relevant policies, legislation and collective agreements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide first point of contact service to employees, supervisors/managers, departments and unions regarding short-term and long-term absences due to illness/injury
- Assist in ensuring adherence to the collective agreements
- Ensure illness benefits are allocated accurately in accordance with the collective agreements
- Work collaboratively with the various unions to ensure timely completion of referrals to LTD plan
- Support the ordering of Ergonomic Equipment/Assistive devices through TVDSB e-store
- Provide backup and assistance during the absence of the Abilities and Wellness Specialist and Abilities and Wellness Coordinator
- Respond to inquiries regarding abilities and wellness needs and take appropriate action or redirect as necessary
- Review case information and distribute as appropriate to department staff
- Provide short-term case management for ill or injured employees
- Maintain contact with employees appropriate to case management protocols and policy
- Determine eligibility for and administer the physiotherapy program available to employees with occupational and non-occupational injuries
- Implement infection control case management of Fifth’s Disease
- Administer five (5) / ten (10) day medical documentation requirements according to collective agreements
- Receive, review and process all medical certificates
- Liaise with insurance companies to provide information to employees and family members
- Determine short-term disability benefits, monitor sick leave balances and track benefit utilization for employees
- Process long-term-term disability claims
- Prepare and distribute insurance forms, letters, updates and other documents and correspondence
- Process, input and maintain Workplace Safety and Insurance Benefit (WSIB) claims
- Maintain record of payments and recoveries to be requested annually from the applicable insurance company
- Provide information and assistance to Human Resources including staffing, employee relations, benefits, and health and safety
- Identify employees in non-compliance with medical requirements and assist labour relations with the Attendance Support Program
- Complete LTD employer’s statement, applications for premium waivers for pension and life insurance
- Coordinate Ergonomic equipment deliveries/moves with distribution center/custodial staff
- Understanding of a Human Resource Information System , Disability Management software (Parklane) and Timekeeping software (TVARRIS)
- Knowledge and understanding of Provincial Legislation (Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility Ontario Disability Act, Employment Standards Association, Workplace Safety Insurance Act)
- Ability to interpret collective agreement/terms and conditions on medical leave language
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment
- Proficient in computer systems such as Outlook 365, Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Working knowledge of Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and associated processes an asset
First consideration will be given to permanent members of The Association of Administrative, Professional and Support Personnel (AAPSP).
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Completion of a three (3) year post-secondary program in Human Resources or equivalent
- One (1) year of related work experience is required