Strik, Baldinelli, Moniz Ltd. (SBM) is currently seeking an intermediate/senior Civil Engineering Technologist in our London or Kitchener office. The successful candidate will work along side the other engineering and design staff on Land Development, Transportation, and Municipal Infrastructure engineering projects using Civil 3D and other design tools. This position will provide the candidate with experience working on a variety of projects with exposure to all stages of a project from conception through construction. SBM provides the potential for career growth and support and knowledge from our multidisciplinary team.
SBM is an established multi-disciplinary Planning, Civil, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering firm that utilizes a team first, collaborative approach to building engineering. We are a fast growing, energetic company that encourages personal growth and forward thinking. We are looking to add like-minded individuals to our team. SBM has offices in London and Kitchener, providing engineering services to a variety of private and public sector clients across Southwestern Ontario. The firm employs over 100 engineers, engineers-in-training, technologists, technicians, planners, and administrative personnel.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Preparing detailed Civil 3D models
- Preparing plan, profile, section and earthworks drawings
- Proactive advancement of design and modelling techniques
- Coordination of design and drawings with other team members and consultants
- Occasional site work as required
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and annual performance bonus. SBM offers a positive working environment and a good relationship with our employees translates directly to better customer service and a superior finished product for our clients. The successful candidate will typically work 8am-5pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-2:30pm on Fridays.
What We Offer:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology, or equivalent,
- 5+ years experience in subdivision and site plan Land Development, transportation, and municipal infrastructure,
- Knowledge and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and AutoDesk Civil 3D,
- Knowledge of OBC and municipal/provincial standards is considered a strong asset,
- Excellent drafting skills,
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy required,
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal growth; willingness to learn and develop new skills,
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and in a team environment, and
- Eligibility for registration with OACETT; C.Tech. or C.E.T. designation preferred.
All qualified applicants should apply through our online application system. https://sbmltd.applytojob.com/apply/jS4AdzUgTO/Intermediate-Civil-Engineering-Technologist?source=Knight+Hunter
References and examples of work are to be made available upon our request.
SBM is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment in accordance with relevant governing laws. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Health Benefits Plan,
- RRSP Matching (4%) Program,
- Paid Overtime,
- Performance Bonuses,
- Banked Time Options,
- Regular Social and Team Buildings Events,
- Opportunity to build great relationships,
- Career Growth and Development, and
- Paid Vacation.
Posting Close Date: Dec 8, 2022
: Please include all experience on resume as non-applicable experience may have transferrable skills.