Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 14
Please note, this is a temporary full time contract opportunity with an expected end date of April 30, 2024.
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The mandate of the Student Experience portfolio is to encourage student engagement, support student success, and to enhance overall student life at Western. Student Experience encompasses various departments across three pillars: Wellness & Wellbeing, Sport & Recreation, and Leadership & Learning. Careers & Experience is part of the Leadership & Learning pillar along with Academic Support & Engagement, Propel, and Indigenous Student Center. The Student Experience portfolio operates together to create an environment in which students can thrive and succeed. Student Experience also collaborates closely with the University Students’ Council, Society of Graduate Students, and other departments across campus.
The vision of Careers & Experience is for all Western graduates to have the skills and confidence to thoughtfully engage in communities, and build a meaningful life and career.
The Employer Relationship Developer leads employer outreach activity to promote Social Science internship programs as a mechanism to address short-term hiring needs of employers at local, regional, and national levels. The role collaborates with the Faculty of Social Science to establish goals for employer participation in work integrated learning opportunities, and to identify methods for assessment and reporting on outcomes. The Employer Relationship Developer is a member of the Careers & Experience department, and contributes to the career readiness of Western graduates by sourcing meaningful, degree related internship postings.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Social Science or other related field
- 3 years of related experience, preferably in the employment or recruitment industry, including sales, job searching, corporate recruiting of university students, and/or human resources
- Experience managing client relationships with global and national corporate and community based organizations
- Experience with event planning
- 2 years of experience working in a university environment, preferably with a student services background would be an asset
- Experience conducting market research, analysis and identification of target markets preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with a demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization
- Strong relationship development skills with proven ability to assess needs, problem solve, and recommend solutions to clients, both in person and on the telephone
- Proven ability to effectively manage a project from beginning to end
- Strong knowledge of corporate recruiting, and knowledge of Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE) standards and guidelines for ethical recruitment preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills, including managing multiple projects and an ability to adapt quickly to emerging priorities and adhere to timelines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Well-developed presentation and public-speaking skills
- Basic understanding of experiential learning theory, principles and best practices
- Effective meeting facilitation skills with multiple and varied stakeholders
- Strong judgment, analytical and problem solving skills with a consultative and collaborative approach to addressing issues and opportunities
- Intermediate proficiency with relevant computing applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Client Relations Management systems, web-based applications etc.)
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca
for further information and to apply online referencing job #28682 by 11:59PM on December 5, 2022.
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.