||Mar 16, 2020
Our client in Waterloo is looking for an BI Reporting Specialist to join their team on an 10 month contract with possible extension.
We are looking for someone with experience in Analytics and Power BI reporting, dashboards and best practices as well as aligning to and supporting the data governance strategies and policies as well as MDM strategies, including designing and data maintenance of the Data Warehouse, Data Marts and other Data Stories then this might be the role for you. You must have excellent communication skills and confidence dealing with various stakeholders, and Senior Managers.
* 5-10+ experience as an Analytics/ BI Reporting Specialist
* 5+ years with POWER BI, Cognos orTableau - Power bi preferred
* Experience business/end user facing with strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
* 5+ Analytics experience
* Must have a solid understanding of reporting/dashboard design - someone with a creative edge can author/draft pixel perfect reports, knows best design practices
* 5+ years assisting in design and data maintenance of the Data Warehouse (DW), Data Marts (DM), and other Data Stores
* 2+ years experience with cloud Platform-as-a-service: Azure/Power BI preferred
* 5+ years experience supporting the Data Governance strategies and policies and Master Data Management (MDM) strategies
* 5+ years experience with waterfall and iterative Waterfall
* Excellent communication both written and verbal, as well as technical skills and attention to detail
* Understanding of IT concepts, standards, procedures and policies including in-depth knowledge of requirement analysis and
modeling tools and techniques.
* Experience with DAX/MDX
* Effective professional relationship-building skills as well as the ability to confidently able to interact with Sr. level management.
* Extensive facilitation skills
* Experience working on small, medium to large business/system projects meeting time and quality targets/standards
* Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
* Ability to balance risk, cost and benefit
* IT or Business Degree or Diploma an asset
* Retail / Distribution or POS Experience a bonus
* Analytics Certifications/Memberships or Background Knowledge i.e. Kimball, The Data Warehouse Institute (TDWI), Microsoft, etc.
* 3-5+ years in prior roles in Analytics (i.e. ETL) and asset
* Experience with Data Warehouse startups an asset
* Data Mining, Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning experience nice to have but not required
If you or anyone you know is qualified and or interested, please apply today
Application Contact Information