||Oct 08, 2021
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking an Animator to join our team. You will be expected to help bring characters and props to life while working closely with other members of the animation team. You will need a strong demo reel that illustrates your experience with 3D animation as well as an understanding of animation fundamentals. You will contribute to weekly animation meetings by collaborating with the Animation Director, other members of the animation team and technical animators. The ideal candidate will be passionate about video games and be able to adapt and have fun in our fast-paced environment. You will possess strong problem-solving skills that allow you to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Create 3D character animation under the direction of the Lead Animator/Animation Director and Producer
- Consistently create convincing performances and characters with complex personalities
- Demonstrate an excellent sense of timing and animation fundamentals
- Understand and compensate for the limitations of how gameplay and real-time issues can affect animations
- Coordinate with artists and programmers to bridge the gap between technical specifications needed for animation and maintaining the artistic vision
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of game production and development
- Deliver work on time and according to schedule as prepared by the Producer
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and follow through on details
- A demo reel that demonstrates excellent animation skills
- Above average ability to animate 3D characters for a state of the art next-gen game engine
- Experience with software tools required for character animation such as Maya and/or 3D Max
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games
- Excellent understanding of efficient animation techniques for game production
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of "Canada's Top 100 Employers". We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/40