||Oct 16, 2020
||College Diploma (2 years)
We are seeking a candidate with a minimum of 10 years experience as a Law Clerk with proven knowledge in Commercial Litigation.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Responsibility for opening files including conflict checks and closing files;
* Maintain effective BF and follow-up system;
* Review of client documents and preparation of Af fidavit of Documents;
* Transcribing dictation and proof reading dictation from the correspondence centre;
* Conduct corporate searches
* Prepare cost outlines
* Draft affidavits of documents;
* Review discovery transcripts and follow up for undertakings;
* Satisfy client undertakings;
* Assist with Trials & hearings
* Draft closing documents
* Communicate & schedule witnesses, conducting witness interviews, and preparation of witness statements and briefs
* Experience in Primafact and Relativity® will be an asset for this position
Qualifications and Skills
This position requires a well-organized person, with strong attention to detail and deadlines, a good working knowledge within their field of law. The candidate must be able to work independently, and as part of a team.
* Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision after 3 months probationary period
* RRSP plan
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume for immediate consideration. While we appreciate all interest, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Salary: CA$55000 - CA$65000 per year + Benefits
Application Contact Information