||Nov 08, 2022
Compensation Specialist (BCD 40701)
Benefits and Compensation
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Range: $68,911 – $86,140
Closing Date: November 28, 2022
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Duties: The Compensation Specialist, reporting to the Manager, Benefits and Compensation, provides expertise and support for the administration of the group benefits, pension and compensation structure in accordance with the collective agreements, practices, policies and legislative requirements. The Compensation Specialist also provides support and guidance to employees regarding the retirement planning process.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years of relevant and recent benefits, DB pension and compensation experience in a unionized, multi-employment group setting
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP, CHRL) preferred
- Experience working with collective agreements and legislation including Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act, and Pay Equity Commission
- Excellent computer skills with maintained proficiency in all applicable software applications, including Microsoft suite and Adobe