The Grand Erie District School Board is guided by our vision to Learn, Lead and Inspire and our shared mission to build a culture of learning, well-being and belonging to inspire each learner. Grand Erie’s 2800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The head office is located in Brantford
The successful candidate will provide telephone, email, on site and/or remote desktop technical support along with support for Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook environments. The successful team member will deploy new devices to schools and offices, install Standard Image on Endpoint devices, maintain school-based technology and work with third party support, as needed, along with any other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Computer science or a Community College diploma with a focus on software support (ie Computer Systems Technician–Software Support or Information Technology Support Services) is required.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) or A+ certification required
- A minimum of three years’ previous experience in a similar role is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on quality customer service
- Strong customer service skills and organizational skills are essential, including the ability to deal with multiple activities.
- Experience in trouble-shooting technical issues using sound methodology and processes preferred
- Experience working with call tracking/work order software (TOPDESK) an asset
- Experience with Microsoft O365, Outlook, MVAL, PD Place, Active Directory Account Management an asset.
|Hours of Work
||7 hours per day/35 hours per week
|Rate of Pay
||First 15 consecutive workdays $22.99/hr. ($33.04/hr after 15 consecutive days worked).
||As soon as can be mutually arraigned to August 30, 2023 (or until the return of the current incumbent)
|| by November 30, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. Please quote posting #Cler-Tech 29-22-23 in your cover letter.
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector screen”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Grand Erie District School Board recognizes Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, as the longstanding peoples of this territory. We honour, recognize, and respect these communities as well as all First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples who reside within Grand Erie District School Board. We are all stewards of these lands and waters where we now gather, learn and play, and commit to working together in the spirit of Reconciliation.