||Nov 17, 2022
• London, ON (128 Oakland Ave.)
• Strong attention to detail
• Competitive pay rate and benefits plan
• Full-time, permanent position from Monday-Friday
The Senior Accountant will provide support by overseeing Ramsden’s general accounting operations. Responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
A successful Senior Accountant is able to combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles in order to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
The ideal candidate will leverage strong accounting and compliance backgrounds to explore historical financial data, monitor monthly spending to plan and analyze variances, and further drive process and policy improvements.
This role requires a detail-oriented, organized professional who is a team player and has a strong sense of follow through. We are looking for an energetic hands-on professional with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results • Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns • Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
• Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
• Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
• Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
• Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
• Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
• Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
• Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools Qualifications
• BA, BS, or BCom degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics preferred)
• Relevant certification (e.g. CPA or CFA) is preferred
• Proven experience as a Financial Controller, Accounting Supervisor, Chief or Senior Accountant
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookup and pivot tables
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• Great presentation skills
• Excellent time management and organizational ability
• Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
Working at Ramsden Industries
This is a full-time, permanent position in our London location. Expected hours are Monday - Friday. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Ramsden Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Ramsden Industries Ltd. provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Application Contact Information