SBM is currently seeking a Human Resources Co-op student for an 8–12-month co-op commencing in Jan 2023. Under the supervision of the Human Resources Specialist and Principal-in-Charge, the Human Resources Student will have the opportunity to assist the HR and Administrative team(s) with various aspects of Human Resources and office management as well as gain experience in various HR functions and practices.
SBM is an established multi-disciplinary Planning, Civil, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering firm that utilizes a team first, collaborative approach to building engineering. We are a fast growing, energetic company that encourages personal growth and forward thinking. We are looking to add like-minded individuals to our team. SBM has offices in London and Kitchener, providing engineering services to a variety of private and public sector clients across Southwestern Ontario. The firm employs over 100 engineers, engineers-in-training, technologists, technicians, planners, and administrative personnel.
- Assist with full cycle recruitment including but not limited to job posting creation/review, resume and candidate review and interviewing
- Assist with employee onboarding and training
- Assist with data entry through ERP system and help manage and maintain human resources information and records
- Updating and researching Human Resources best practices and providing input for policies, procedures, and compliance
- Assist with the management of the JHSC and health and safety initiatives
- Assist with payroll related tasks such as compiling and reviewing hours and pay data
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) to support business and HR needs
- Facilitate positive working relationships with SBM employees and cultivate a positive working environment
- Work with other departments to successfully support Human Resources needs
- Other administrative tasks and support as required for office upkeep and organization
Skills / Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Human Resources or related Post-Secondary program
- Understand and have some knowledge of all relevant legislation and regulations (i.e. Employment Standards, OHSA, Labour Relations, Human Rights, OHSA etc.)
- Previous applicable knowledge and/or experience considered an asset
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Access to reliable transportation for travel within London and surrounding area and Valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence
- Strong integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive information
- Strong relationship building skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal growth; willingness to learn
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Excellent initiative and ability to work with little supervision; Willingness to learn.
This is a full-time temporary position with a competitive salary. SBM offers a positive working environment and a good relationship with our employees translates directly to better customer service and a superior finished product for our clients. The successful candidate will typically work 8am-5pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-2:30pm on Fridays.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity for full-time employment upon graduation
- Paid Overtime
- Banked Time Options
- Regular Social and Team Buildings Events
- Opportunity to build great relationships
- Career Growth and Development
- Paid Vacation
All qualified applicants should apply our online application system. https://sbmltd.applytojob.com/apply/2jSn8iiT9w/Human-Resources-Student?source=Knight+Hunter
References are to be made available upon our request.
SBM is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment in accordance with relevant governing laws. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: Nov 24, 2022
Posting Close Date: Dec 8, 2022