ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is currently seeking an Intermediate Sound Designer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game including sound design for levels, AI, weapons, UI, cinematics, animations, marketing and other gameplay events. You possess excellent oral and written communication skills. You are also comfortable working with both Mac and PC environments. A strong portfolio demonstrating excellent sound design skills is a must.
- Create engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game. This includes sound design for levels, AI, weapons, UI, cinematics, animations, marketing, and other gameplay events
- Self-starter and comfortable working directly with the Audio Director and other Sound Designers
- Record Foley and gather field recordings for use in our game
- Record, design, and edit voices and voice overs for use in our games
- Find and fix audio related bugs
- Maintain a familiarity with basic lua scripting
- Maintain an appropriate game audio mix at all times, on all platforms (PC, PS4, Nintendo, Xbox One)
- Thrive in a small-knit team of passionate audio professionals
- Passion for world-class audio
- Maintain audio program skill set with regards to current industry standards (Pro Tools, Reaper, etc.)
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent sound design skills
- 2-3 years of experience in an audio related field
- Above average ability to create sound design for a state of the art next-gen game engine
- Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in both Mac and PC environments
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://www.digitalextremes.com/careers/postings/sound/intermediate-sound-designer