Quality Assurance Manager
Location: London, Ontario, Canada - Hybrid Work Schedule
Please apply on our website: https://www.bigbluebubble.com/quality-assurance-manager/
Big Blue Bubble is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager with a combined passion for product quality and video games as well as proven ability to manage, motivate and coach a team that is dedicated to always improving our record of producing high quality games.
Here are the things you will be responsible for in this position:
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate game testing talent and provide them guidance for their development in order to maintain an effective and high performing team structure.
- Organize and schedule the team’s resources on game projects.
- Lead process improvement initiatives to ensure the high quality of our games.
- Establish and maintain effective working team relationships with Development, Production, Art, and Design teams through consistent collaboration and problem-solving to ensure Quality Assurance needs are being met.
- Oversee the creation of test plans and smoke tests to verify that new features work flawlessly.
- Oversee the development of test cycles and test cases for games as well as development of Quality Assurance procedures and strategies.
- Generate Quality Assurance metrics and reports by building dashboards that reflect real time status of testing efforts and test coverage for our games.
- Provide qualitative feedback on our games and recommend improvements from a player perspective.
To be an effective team member, you should have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a Quality Assurance position.
- 2+ years’ of experience leading a team of Quality Assurance professionals.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- In-depth understanding of the software development process, bug life cycles, and the various roles within a development team.
- Expert experience with agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of the game development process.
- Deep understanding of various types of testing such as, usability and user interface testing.
- Strong experience with mobile games, mobile technologies, and social media.
You also have the following attributes:
- A clear communicator.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a team.
- Enthusiastic about gaming culture.
We know the above list is detailed. We don’t expect you to meet all of our criteria but we are looking for proven experience with an appetite and passion for growth. If you think you fit the role then please get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to email@example.com.
What makes our studio so exceptional:
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
- Flexible hybrid work schedule providing a mix of in-office and remote work days.
- Inclusive studio culture that fosters strong collaboration and support amongst its team members.
- Smaller scope projects which provide multifaceted opportunities to build skills and try new things.
- Strong focus on work-life balance with minimal overtime.
- In-office barista and full kitchen to host daily popcorn, ice cream days and food events.
- Unique and frequent team-building and social events (pi day, office olympics, escape rooms, gaming tournaments, movie days and so much more).
- Gaming consoles and other in-office equipment (arcade machine, devices and massage chair).
- Paid game fund, so you can continue to expand your industry knowledge.
- Comprehensive benefits package and annual bonuses.
- Paid time off, sick days, wedding leave, and baby leave.
- Focus on giving back to our community through events such as Extra Life.
- Variety of internship placements where students quickly see the impact of their work.
- Part of the EG7 global gaming cooperative that is comprised of several companies that specialize in video game entertainment such as Daybreak Games, Piranha Games, Antimatter Games, Toadman Studios, Petrol, and Fireshine Games.