CNC PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Permanent)
Our client is a global manufacturing leader who has a diversified client base across the construction, agricultural, transportation and the marine industries, not the automotive sector. They are currently searching for a CNC PROCESS TECHNICIAN to join their team at their facility located approximately 30 minutes from London. The successful individual will be responsible for CNC machine set up, process development, troubleshooting, maintenance as well as continuous improvement functions.
Perks & Benefits:
- Very secure global company, similar to the automotive company but without as many ups and downs.
- Competitive wage that is reviewed annually.
- Comprehensive health benefits plan which includes dental, health care, prescriptions, vision and all PPE are supplied.
- Company supported pension through RRSP contributions.
- Voluntary over-time – not mandatory!
Machining process development
- Loading machining fixtures, verifying the physical setup, and establishing program zeroes.
- Setting, verifying, and loading all cutting tools.
- Loading and maintaining NC programs, as well as ensuring NC program control.
- NC program validation.
Machining process troubleshooting and maintenance
- Fixture design.
- Cutting tool design.
- Establishing and optimizing cutting parameters.
- Validating prototypes to drawing requirements.
- Working with suppliers to receive quotations and evaluate designs and proposals.
- Establishing all related process documentation.
- Integrating safety devices and procedures.
- Maintaining the as-designed machining process (e.g. cycle times, part quality, tool conditions).
- Troubleshooting machine and auxiliary equipment issues.
- Working with the maintenance department and external service technicians to resolve machine issues.
- Research new technologies and develop implementation strategies.
- Review cycle times and develop cycle time reduction methods, while maintaining part quality.
- Training production team.
- Communicating on work status and providing reports as requested.
- Working with the quality department and providing input for FMEAs, control plans, PPAPs, SPC, etc.
- Previous CNC machine experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Machinist licence would be a definite asset, but not a requirement.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Committed to working three rotating shifts.
- Access to reliable transportation as this company is located 30 minutes from London.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We look forward to partnering with you and will review your resume immediately. Your resume and contact information are never shared until we have spoken to you and have your permission.
Calibre Recruitment is a full-service firm that provides permanent, contract and project-based recruitment solutions. Whether it’s entry-level or management, we have expertise filling all administrative, customer service, accounting, engineering, IT, manufacturing, marketing, sales and skilled trades positions.
We are passionate about finding the right fit for you and your next employer. Regardless of your position, industry or specialization, Calibre Recruitment has the business contacts. We have one of the best, brightest and most connected recruitment teams in the industry and we are here to help move you along in your career.