||Oct 05, 2021
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our locations, programs and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind and body and are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities.
At the YMCA
you will feel connected to community, when your work positively influences the lives of others in so many ways.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is a multi service, non-profit values-based charity that serves Windsor-Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Chatham-Kent, London, Middlesex-Elgin, Huron-Perth, and Oxford counties. Our services include: Childcare Services, school age programs, camp programs, health and fitness branches, community programs and newcomer services across the region. Our commitment includes a special focus on the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming lessons, to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
Y not join the thousands of members, employees and volunteers and share our vision of a healthy community?
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Position/Term: Part-Time Personal Trainer & Wellness Coach
Location: Stoney Creek YMCA & Community Centre, 920 Sunningdale Rd East London, Ontario N5X 0H5
Start Date: October 2021
Qualifications & Experience:
- you will meet new people, while working at one of the most respected human services organizations in the world
- you will expand your knowledge base, where you can flourish in values-based environment.
- you will have career development opportunities where you build a better future for yourself and others.
- you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities.
- Related education or certifications (personal training required).
- Understanding of physical fitness principles
- Outstanding people skills are essential
- Experience in group fitness is an asset
- First Aid and CPR
- Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening is a condition of employment for all staff and volunteers.
- It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground.
Compensation/Benefits: $14.35 Coaching hours and $25 Personal Training Hours
- Initiative: Does the right thing at the right time without being asked. Seeks and finds solutions to problems without waiting for direction. Knows when to take action on issues.
- Teamwork: Actively builds team and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness. Participates proactively in the development of team goals, plans and outcomes. Creates and builds an atmosphere of trust among all team members and between teams within the YMCA.
- Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person's YMCA experience.
- Relationship Building: Works proactively to develop positive relations with participants, peers and volunteers.
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA
- Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction
- A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
- A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
- Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
- Varying shifts including mornings, daytime, evenings, and weekends. Currently needs are predominantly weeknight and Saturday shift. With personal training hrs flexible.
- YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
- Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
- Customer Service: Provides fitness floor supervision, including greeting each Member by name whenever possible and servicing their fitness needs during scheduled shift.
- Varied shift commitment including weekday/weeknight/ and weekend times.
- Program Development and Quality: Models commitment and service excellence through the direct development and delivery of quality programs
- Communication/Relationship Building
- Responsible for achieving Y Thrive and Personal Training monthly targets
- In your cover letter, specifically state the position you are applying for and location. Please include specific information detailing how you meet the qualifications we require for this position.
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments to Vicki Williton, Manager Adult Health & Wellness at email@example.com
- Apply by: November 9th, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Want to know more about us, visit us at: https://www.ymcaswo.ca/