Johnstone & Cowling LLP is a boutique Labour Law firm located in Toronto, with an office located in London, and is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Legal Assistant for the London office. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the law firm and supporting office initiatives. Strong work ethic, professional demeanor, problem solving, exceptional organizational and time management skills are essential.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support
- Answer multi-line phone in a professional and polite manner and direct calls accordingly
- Coordinate meetings, conferences, and various other appointments including all logistics and correspondence required
- Maintain calendar of meetings and appointments, track deadlines and timelines
- Manage legal documentation in strict confidence
- Prepare legal documents
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with legal accounting software
- Strict attention to detail
- Excellent time management, prioritization, multi-tasking and organization skills
- Professional, responsive and positive work attitude is critical
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Downtown location and easy to get to by transit
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Is remote work available?: No
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.