ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking an experienced Lead Web Designer to join our team. Do you have a passion for creating innovative and engaging web products? Do you day-dream about exciting ways to extend gaming experiences and communities to the web? Do you love leading and growing teams? Then this may be the job for you!
- Design innovative web products to extend our game experiences and communities online, from a user experience and visual perspective
- Own the design direction of the web sites in conjunction with studio stakeholders, review the work of other designers to ensure consistency of branding and quality of work
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of talented web designers into a team that can support multiple games and web properties
- Bring a focus on experimentation and rapid prototyping to the team
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to deliver world-class, player-first web experiences
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including 2+ managing other designers
- A portfolio of previous web designs that demonstrate your best work.
- Knowledge of graphic design principles with a strong emphasis on UI, UX, and web standards. Up-to-date on industry trends.
- A team player with excellent communication and documentation skills and experience
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite tools and producing web-optimized assets
- Ability to create fluid, responsive web designs that scale to multiple devices (desktop, tablet, mobile, etc.)
- Can move a product feature from concept to wireframe to visual design, as well as leading other designers through the process
- Experience with web projects that complement or extend Software as a Service or Games as a Service products - e-commerce, community, publishing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a design or human-computer-interaction related field
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS and web animation techniques
- Experience building out style guides and design systems
- Previous experience conducting user tests on prototypes and with prototyping tools (Figma, Marvel, etc.)
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/48