||Mar 16, 2020
Our client in Waterloo is looking for an Analytic's Data Specialist to join the team on a 10 month contract with possible extension. As a successful member of the team you will keep the Analytics data moving forward. This will include transformation, ETL(Load) data movement and Extraction best practices. You will align with and support the Data Governance strategies and policies as well as MDM strategies while assisting in the design and data maintenance of the Data Warehouse, Data Marts and other Data Stores. Some additional responsibilities will be supporting the analytics change management across the corporation as well as supporting 3rd party interactions and services as it relates to data driven activities related tool. Identifying backup and archiving strategies will be necessary as well as designing and building scalable, high performing business centric data models.
* 5+ years’ experience as an Analytics/BI Data Specialist
* 10+ years experience championing Analytics data including Extraction, Transform and Load (ETL) data movement best practices as well as short/long term strategies.
* 2+ years experience with cloud Platform-as-a-service: Azure preferred
* 5-10 years experience in any database technology (SQL Server / Azure DB), PowerShell scripting and ETL/ELT (i.e. SSIS)
* Experience business facing as this role will require 15-25% business facing
* Data Modelling Experience
* 5+ years Supporting Data Governance strategies and policies and MDM (Master Data Management) strategies
* 5+ years assisting in designing as well as data maintenance of Data Warehouse, Data Marts and other Data Stores.
* Excellent written and verbal communication as well as technical skills including attention to detail
* University / College degree in Information Technology
* Understanding of IT concepts, standards, procedures and policies including in-depth knowledge of requirement analysis and
modeling tools and techniques
* 5+ years experience with waterfall, iterative waterfall
* 5+ years experience working on small, medium to large business/system projects meeting time and quality targets/standards
* Experience with least one programming language (i.e. C#, Python, R) would be an asset
* Must have a proven track record for meeting strict deadlines
* Must be results driven with a focus on quality as well as being a creative thinker with the ability to see the big picture.
* Adaptable – able to evolve as the Analytics landscape evolves
* Analytics Certifications/Memberships Knowledge i.e. Kimball, The Data Warehouse Institute (TDWI), Microsoft..etc nice to have
* Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) as asset
* Experience with Data Mining, Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning experience would be nice to have but not required
* Retail and Distribution en't experience and or processes
If you or anyone you know is qualified and interested please apply today!
Application Contact Information