ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is currently looking for a Senior Data Ops and Services Programmer to join our team. You will be working with passionate, highly intelligent game developers in a collaborative fast paced environment. You will be responsible for helping drive technical projects, finding opportunities in our databases and code to improve processes and mentor junior programmers. You will be responsible for using your technical skills to create and maintain game code that supports insight, metrics and improves user experience. You will also help standardize our data processes across multiple titles and platforms as well as ensuring data is compliant in accordance with various data protection laws. As well as leading execution on projects that involve other key stakeholders throughout the company, enabling iterative learning and growth. Expect this position to be challenging, fun and filled with opportunities for personal growth.
- Lead, maintain and optimize cross-functional projects’ technical requirements focused on in-game events, updates, purchase flows and new technical opportunities
- Help maintain and optimize data compliance processes across multiple games, databases and third party partners
- Ensure data is in compliance with different countries' data protection policies
- Mentor and manage junior programmers to improve their skills
- Collaborate with other project stakeholders to develop project plans, timelines, milestones, and ensure timely execution and delivery
- Create dynamic systems that our data scientist can use that are data driven
- Work with Customer Support Representatives to help diagnose player issues and improve systems
- Support initiatives with consultation and execution of software and infrastructure
- Work closely with the marketing team to realize their initiative with the software and infrastructure support need
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
- 5+ years of industry experience Experience in Python, C++, PHP, SQL, Lua and software development
- Experience with working in large code bases
- Experience using Mongo and Postgres servers
- Experience with using Linux/Ubuntu
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS, other)
- Strong Independent problem solver
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of ownership over their work and projects
- Able to be flexible to the different types of work and shifts in priorities
- A passion for video games and understanding of gaming culture
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. Newer projects include the recently launched cross-platform MMORPG Wayfinder® (developed by Airship Syndicate & published by Digital Extremes), as well as the highly anticipated Soulframe®, an in-development open-world action-fantasy title.
Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada, and is proud to be selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, achieving this recognition for the last nine years in a row.
For more information and exciting news related to Digital Extremes, please visit www.digitalextremes.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://grnh.se/39c04e427us