TransForm Automotive is an advanced metal forming supplier to the automotive OEM industry in London since 2004. We are a TS16949 and ISO14001 registered company and have established a reputation for market leading product and service quality. Utilizing both unique patented stamping technology and specialized flow forming technology TransForm provides support to the customer from the concept level of design, providing full prototype manufacturing with the capability to build prototypes from solid as well as fully production intent components or assemblies as well as testing capabilities.
TransForm operates three facilities in Michigan, a fourth in London and is wholly owned by Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, Michigan. Means is a division of Amsted Industries based in Chicago, Illinois. Amsted is a diversified, global manufacturer of industrial components serving the railroad, vehicular, construction and building markets.
We are recruiting for a Tooling Engineer who is team oriented, highly motivated, experienced individual with tooling and program leadership experience. This position is ideal for a progressive thinking individual with the ability to bring technical and professional knowledge to the company.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering with a focus on metal forming manufacturing technologies in addition to having a minimum of 5 years of work experience in tooling, manufacturing and engineering and meet or exceed the following criteria:
- Extensive experience in a Metal Stamping Manufacturing Environment.
- Exceptional communication skills with experience in effectively supporting customers and managing suppliers.
- Metal Stamping Product Knowledge with demonstrated tooling and Program managing experience.
- Oversees all aspects of new tool and equipment build including engineering, program management, and follow up.
- Focus on continuous improvement of current production parts
- Support for the press shop and tool room to meet and exceed production objectives
- Development of action plans to meet customer timelines and expectations.
- Collaborate with product engineering to incorporate design for manufacturing into new product planning.
TransForm Automotive is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Qualified applicants should submit resume to email@example.com. Please add the job title to the subject line of your email. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.