This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Nov 15, 2022
||College Diploma (3 years)
Executive Assistant to the President and Vice-President External (VPEx) - Job Reference #202211-03
Effective August 27, 2022, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with King’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
The successful candidate will:
The successful candidate will have:
- Provide professional assistance and support to two senior positions: the President and the Vice-President External.
- Ensure that the President and Vice-President External (VPEx) have up-to-date accurate, and manageable daily schedules which are properly aligned with strategic priorities; ensures that all deadlines are met and coordinates the preparation and completion of all action items pertaining to and arising from meetings, prepares and coordinates travel arrangements.
- Manage and coordinate travel arrangements for President and VPEx for all King’s-related travel, including booking transportation, accommodation, international visas, and meetings.
- Monitor budget lines, creates Purchase Requisition numbers, codes invoices for KUCAP for approval
- Create Purchase Requisition numbers for services as directed by President and/or VPEx
- Prepare or coordinate preparation of reports, letters, communications, King’s agreements, Letters of Understanding, Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) with external organizations
- Have thorough knowledge of King’s policies and procedures required
- Maintain President Office and VPEx departmental files
- Answer President Office and VPEx phone inquiries, Microsoft Teams, Chat and Slack teams’ questions. Back-up for firstname.lastname@example.org general email as required
- Provide administrative clerical support for Committees Chaired by the President and/or VPEx (e.g. Search Committees, College Council Committees, etc)
- Maintain records for all of the above including electronic and paper
- Coordinate and maintain schedule of committees, partner and partnership meetings, prepare agendas, documentation for all meetings, record minutes, create, update and maintain OWL sites associated with all of the above
- Be the first contact for partnerships (local and international) and new initiatives including: OCSOA, LDCSB, DOL, CPCO, CEFO and many more
- Interact with members of International partners, senior level staff, professional organizations, and agents
- Require an exceptionally high level of interpersonal, cross-cultural, organizational, and communication skills.
- Act as a key liaison for the President and Vice-President External, daily contacts vary from senior executives, partners, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Provide excellent reception to many visitors and officials. (local, domestic, cross cultural and international).
- Source and obtain quotes for promotional items, ordering, creating Purchase Requisitions and maintaining promotional inventory.
TYPE OF JOB:
Permanent Full-Time (35 hours per week)
As soon as possible
SSG 11 - $56,000 - $68,229 per annum (dependent on experience)
Submit a letter of application and resume. References required upon request. Please quote the Job Reference # in your application. Interested persons may apply to: Human Resources, King’s University College, 266 Epworth Avenue, London, Ontario, N6A 2M3. email@example.com.
Job candidates will be asked to provide a satisfactory vulnerable persons police clearance within 3 months of hire date.
Job description available upon request.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
December 2, 2022 @ 4:30pm
The College is committed to advancing the Catholic intellectual tradition and welcomes faculty, staff and students from all faiths and backgrounds.
King’s University College is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.
King’s University College is committed to recognizing the dignity and independence of all and seeks to ensure that persons with disabilities have genuine, open and unhindered access to the College’s employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-433-3491 for assistance.
- A College diploma
- 3-5 years of progressively more responsible appointments
- Prior experience supporting a Senior Level Executive
- Exceptional oral and written communications, strong interpersonal skills, scrupulous attention to detail, superior discretion, excellent judgment, tact, diplomacy, creativity and initiative
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and intercultural skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of admissions; academic and registration processes and policies preferred