||Sep 24, 2021
Because We Care About Your Journey. Voyago is currently recruiting for a Human Resources Manager in London, Ontario.
Voyago is Ontario’s Leading Mobility company. We’re hiring dynamic, high achievers looking to make a difference in the transportation industry. Voyago continues to advance across Ontario with our multi-model diverse platform covering all mobility segments, including Medical Transportation, Student Transportation, and Public sectors with Mass Transit, Para Transit, and On Demand Personal Mobility.
Our employee success is built on our commitment and emphasis on training and orientation process. Voyago prides itself on the growth of our employees by supporting and encouraging them to develop skills that lead to successful careers.
Voyago believes in the strength of our people and remains committed to our Golden Values statement created to reflect our promise of performance to our employees, customers, and communities.
Our teams are continuously recognized as top performers in client programs and Safety awards. Voyago is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers, Excellence Award. If you’re a high achiever looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your achievements come join us, apply today.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager performs a key role in aligning business objectives with employee and management needs through close working relationships with management and employee groups. This role will act as an HR Business Partner for several divisions as well as lead a small HR administrative team. This position will be based in London however will require occasional travel to satellite locations within Southwestern Ontario.
The ideal candidate will posses the following qualifications that include, but are not limited to, the following:
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Employee Relations
- Consult with management and provide HR guidance and Employee Relations advice
- Provides positive reinforcement and supports leaders in the administration of corrective action when required
- Facilitates communication and conflict resolution including conducting internal employee investigations
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of current legislation relating to employment law, WSIB, Labour Relations Act, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code to ensure regulatory compliance
- Project Support
- Provides input on business restructuring, workforce planning and succession planning
- Work closely with leadership to implement employee development, workforce retention initiatives, Compensation & Benefits, and other special projects as needed
- Participates in budget planning
- Assist in training & development initiatives with leaders at all levels within the organization
- HR Team Development
- Manage, lead and develop HR administrative team (3 direct reports)
- Completion of a University or College education or equivalent
- CHRP designation preferred
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Computer literate in MS Office
- In-depth knowledge of current legislations relating to employment standards to the capacity of providing counsel including but not exclusive of: Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workers' Compensation Act, Labour Relations Act, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, etc.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now system is an asset but not a requirement
- Ability to travel 3-4 times a month to other Voyago locations with occasional overnight travel
Why work for us?
Sounds interesting? Please send your resume and salary expectations directly to Sandra Grant, Vice President, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Voyago is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants however only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Full-time opportunity
- Benefits package
- Rewarding career with a growing company
- Great company culture