This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Mar 16, 2020
Fleetwood Metal Industries has an exciting opportunity in our Tillsonburg Plant! FMI is looking for a Purchasing Assistant for a straight day shift!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- RRSP and Employer Matching Pension Programs
- Extended Health Care and Dental Benefits
- Paid Personal Days
- Responsible for receiving, recording and tracking purchase requisitions.
- Responsible to assist with order placement in accordance with purchasing process.
- Responsible for the maintenance and tracking of the IATF purchasing documentation requirements.
- Assist purchasing co-ordinators with establishing approved vendors and proactively seeking new potential sources.
- Assist purchasing co-ordinators to execute and initiate cost savings initiatives specific to indirect commodities.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to support operations with procurement activities.
- Implement and optimize payment terms across the enterprise for indirect spend.
- Track and report on blanket agreement expiry dates.
- Monitor process compliance of purchasing processes and procedures to the Corporate Purchasing Lead
- Research discrepancies in deliveries, invoices, etc. for the purpose of tracking items, resolving problems and/or complaints and/or ensuring accuracy of invoices.
- Data analysis for cost trends on commodities
- Create reports for presentations
- Spare part tracking and crib inventory tracking.
- Facilitate Tool Crib Projects
- Assist with Operations Presentations
- Provide back up for travel arrangements when necessary
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings for retention and distribution
- Conducting duties as assigned by the Corporate Purchasing Lead.
- Comply and enforce all safety procedures as required by the Health & Safety Act and/or Company practices or procedures including but not limited to the wearing of all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as specified by the Act or designated by the Company.
- Other duties as assigned by the management team.
Fleetwood Metal Industries offers a competitive compensation package with a comprehensive, flexible group benefits program.
Qualified candidates may express their interest in applying to: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a resume in person to Human Resources at the Tillsonburg location. Please indicate the Job Title you are applying for in your e-mail or in your written application.
Fleetwood Metal Industries is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
- Post Secondary education in Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-orientated
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Should possess strong calculative and analytical skill sets
- Ability and effectiveness to manage time to meet required deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required
- Timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of order negotiation and administrative activities