||Mar 30, 2021
As a company in the Timberland Group, TIMBERLAND EQUIPMENT LIMITED is a Canadian-owned, entrepreneurial, globally recognized company located in Woodstock, Ontario, where we are a fully operational facility with sales, engineering, and manufacturing departments all under one roof.
We are looking for a Financial Controller to lead our Accounting department. This is a full-time position with an attractive compensation package for the right candidate.
Reporting to the CFO, this position is a leader with proven skills, focused on results and the ability to tackle any problems or conflicts, while effectively dealing with people at all levels. In this position, the Controller makes decisions in a timely and appropriate manner, asserting authority in order to meet agreed deadlines, while ensuring a high level of performance in self and others. This position will show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve results. This position plays a key role in protecting Timberland’s interests, primarily through credit risk assessment and sales terms and conditions negotiations. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
BY JOINING OUR TEAM YOU WILL
- Responsible for completing month end closing procedures and preparing monthly management reports
- Responsible for all year-end financial reporting required for annual audit
- Working with the CFO, responsible for the management of year-end audit process for the Group
- Working closely with the General Manager, prepare annual budget package for all departments
- Plan and co-ordinate the annual physical inventory and complete associated reconciliations
- Approve and authorize weekly payables batches, cheque runs, payroll runs, and weekly cash receipts journals
- Accountable for daily cash management and A/R collections, as well as approving credit limits and payment terms
- Regular detailed sales contract review and negotiation of customer proposed terms and conditions
- Complete job costing for manufacturing including raw material purchases, manufacturing, and engineering labour
- Provide detailed estimate to actual management reports for each work order
- Evaluate actual manufacturing costs and prepare reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs, and determine overhead absorption rates
- Manage and coordinate the functions of the Accounting department to ensure employees are working toward common company objectives
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Gain experience in a medium sized company designing and building custom equipment; a company that successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Enhance your understanding of the full business cycle, from concept generation to market implementation and beyond
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Post-secondary degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA designation or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with cost accounting responsibilities
- Proven analytical abilities, detail oriented and practical decision-making skills
- Ability to earn respect from all levels of staff within the company
- Complete understanding of confidentiality and ability to exercise good judgement
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word and ERP Accounting software; Crystal report writing
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, and rolling budgets
- Hands-on experience leading people
- Proven sense of urgency in completing tasks
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and effectively manage assignments
Qualified applicants may email resumes quoting “Controller” in the subject line, to email@example.com
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.