Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 16
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Western Communications team provides strategic advice to university senior leadership, faculty, staff and teams of internal and external communications staff across Western in order to build the university’s brand on a local, national and global scale.
The Manager, Development Communications will be responsible for managing the creation and implementation of communications plans and strategies to enable the University to achieve its fundraising goals and build strong and positive relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. donors, foundations, corporations, governments, etc.). The role will manage the development, implementation, monitoring and assessment of a broad range of communications initiatives focused on fundraising activities, campaigns and projects. All work is conducted in alignment with the goals and objectives of Western Communications and University Advancement, as well as Western’s strategic priorities. The Manager will serve as a strategic communications advisor and work with development staff and related stakeholders within the University Advancement portfolio to understand priorities and ensure the timely delivery of communications plans and tactics to achieve partner needs and objectives. The role will also identify opportunities to enhance the regional, national and global
visibility and image of the University and the University Advancement portfolio.
- Undergraduate Degree in Communications, Business Administration or other related field
- International Association of Business Communicators Designation preferred
- 7 years’ experience in communications, with experience managing the development and execution of largescale communications plans and strategies
- 7 years’ experience in Development/fundraising communications
- Experience in a post-secondary environment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of e-communication tools, including social media platforms relevant to our core audiences
- In-depth knowledge of communications trends and best practices
- Ability to collaborate across internal and external boundaries to meet common objectives, improve outcomes and support work beyond one's own unit
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of project teams to maximize productivity
- Ability to work with communications technology and data-driven environments
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to build consensus across functions and levels and express views clearly
- Project management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously from conception to completion within tightly prescribed timelines
- Media skills with solid communications judgment to present and package information to maximize interest
- Ability to analyze metrics and consider past communications to craft engaging written and visual communications using social media or other appropriate channels
- Ability to deal confidentially with information that has financial, political, regulatory and reputational implications
- Ability to think creatively and use a non-prescriptive approach in communications initiatives
- Ability to draw on diversity of skills, backgrounds and knowledge of people to achieve more effective results
- Ability to delegate work and provide project team members with clear direction and support in meeting their objectives
- Ability to search within and outside the formal boundaries of the organization for innovative ways to improve work
- Ability to develop strategies that are in line with the University's mission and which balance competing priorities
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
Interested applicants are asked to visit https://recruit.uwo.ca
for further information and to apply online referencing job #27504 by midnight on 2022/08/25
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.