||Sep 14, 2022
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Are you a visual storyteller? Do you see a unique camera move or edit in film and never forget it? This position may be the one you’re looking for! Digital Extremes is beginning new adventures with internal and external projects at the studio. We are looking for a talented Senior Video Creator with core experience in gameplay capture and video editing to help us tell the next set of stories from the ground up. This is your chance to become a foundational part of the journey and help create new and unique ways to market our upcoming catalog of games!
A demo reel and/or portfolio link showcasing relevant experience and skill proficiency is required for this role.
- Direct, capture, and edit industry-leading gameplay video content
- Craft outlines, shot lists, and mood boards that guide the script to screen.
- Utilize engine capture tools to create exciting gameplay and in-game cinematography.
- Work with other capture artists to solve challenging concepts to achieve both clarity and gameplay excellence.
- Draw upon your familiarity with the Unreal Engine, as well as utilize external software (like Maya) to develop interesting ways to achieve your creative goals in projects.
- Imagine creative solutions using existing in-game content (like animations and models) to showcase the very best that our games have to offer.
- Work with your team to find creative ideas to delight players and achieve the goals set forth in creative briefs.
- Work with your colleagues to improve your craft and the technologies enabling it.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to understand the creative directions to then translate into effective promotional assets.
- Adapt the vision and scope of projects to deadlines while maintaining quality end results.
- Actively participate in the feedback loop, accepting feedback from, and providing feedback within the marketing team.
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and following through on details.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
- 5+ Years of relevant experience, 2+ years experience creating gameplay video content for a studio, company, or channel
- Goal-oriented and competitive, with excellent follow-through on commitments
- Enjoys conceptualizing video projects through outlines and scripts
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new techniques and best practices.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games.
- Experience achieving strategic objectives/creative strategy within video assets
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine and its tools and capabilities
- Knowledge of video formats and different platform requirements
- Proficient in video editing techniques and software (Ex: Adobe Premiere)
- Has good understanding of lighting and camera knowledge
- Has Experience with colour grading and post FX
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/171